28 November 2012

Making A List

via

I'm not one who jumps from the Thanksgiving table into the Christmas swimming pool.  I know a lot of people consider everything in one lump sum as The Holidays, but I don't.   Thanksgiving is it's own deal, a day I love.  And a warning shot off the port bow that the insanity is almost upon us, hold onto your holly, here we go.

Since December shows up this Saturday I have a list of things to do in order to prep for, yeah, The Holidays.  I need a new tree skirt.  Our outdoor wreath needs a pick-me-up.  I've ordered lights for the house (!) and I have a few more painting projects to be eked out before the tree is trimmed.  

Lists of things to do, presents to buy, etc., etc.  I want to get it done soon so I can sit back sooner than later and enjoy the twinkle lights on the tree.  My kids are helpfully adding to their Christmas lists daily (oh yeah, an Autobot, mom!  Mom? How do you spell La La Loopsy?) except for my oldest, who at almost 11 years of age has decided all gifts should be electronics over $200 a pop.  Good luck on that one.

In other news, I got a good deal on a vacuum cleaner yesterday.  Woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment