13 February 2014

Early Spring. Thaw ... I hope.

Early Spring.  Thaw  by Aleksey Savrosov 1885

I'll admit it, I've had Spring Fever since January 3rd.  This winter has been cold, dry and biting and that is not the kind of winter I enjoy.  The snow on the lawn has been there since December and is not so much snow anymore, but hard slippery ice. The past few days though, has seen the temperature rise into the 40's and it's now flirting with the 50's and although it's rainy, I'll take it.  I shouldn't even say although.  We need the rain.  Rain here, snow in the mountains.  Bring on the Spring! The rainy Spring.

I'm still puttering through painting the trim and closet doors.  I'm working on pulling the girls' rooms together, checking out bulletin boards and side tables.  But I have an itch to get out and do a little late winter/early spring clean up in the yard.

In the tulip beds right in back of my house there are tiny green shoots pushing up through the ground.  It's the sunniest, warmest place in my yard and so while the front yard is still waiting for the crocuses to find their way up sometime in March, it looks like we may get some early spring tulips and I am excited for that.

1 comment: