17 April 2013

Today I ignored my cleaning list





But not because I am not cleaning.

Here.  Let's start at the beginning.

Back in the day, when I had two kids, I had a nicely organized weekly cleaning chart.  It had a list of things I needed to do daily (dishes, sweeping the floor, making the bed) and things I needed to do weekly (dusting rooms, vacuuming, deep cleaning the bathroom).  And then I had more kids and moved across the country and back and then I didn't have a cleaning list anymore.  It had just disappeared.

So on Sunday night when everyone in my house was asleep except for me, I took random instagram pictures, made up a basic menu for the week and came up with a cleaning chart.  It's a nice chart.  Not too ambitious, but a little bit ambitious and I am trying to follow it this week.

Except that there is chaos in the basement right now, and that chaos is not scheduled to be remedied until Friday and I am going to throw all caution to the wind and just clean up the basement and let the cleaning chips fall where they may.

Because somedays are for schedules and some days?  They're for not following the schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment