15 April 2015

Spring Cleaning ~ Day 2

So, between yesterday and today I cleaned out my bottom kitchen cabinets.

I cleared everything out, wiped down the shelves, the cabinet walls, etc.  I cleaned and vacuumed out the silverware and utensil drawers.

If there was food in there I threw it out if it was old, if there were crystal serving bowls I received for our wedding FIFTEEN years ago and have never ever used, I determined to take them to the ward humanitarian garage sale in a few weeks.  Likewise, the extra set of homemake popsicle makers and some glass cleaner I don't like.

It's all moving on.

I also cleaned out the microwave, and (mind you) vacuumed the wooden box that holds my nice silverware because I am being nothing if not thorough.

I replaced the baking soda in the cabinet that is occasionally inclined towards an odd smell, and debated whether or not my quick oats might have seen better days.  The jury is still out on the quick oats.  The thing is, I tend to use them only for cookies, and only when I think about it.  For the most part I am a whole oat kind of girl, so these quick oats haven't been used as much as they could have been over the past couple of years and while they are nicely sealed in their bucket it may be time to let the last of them go....I'm thinking about it.

So goes the report from today (and a little from yesterday).  Thursdays tend to be busy so I'm thinking I won't get anything else done until Friday.  And I could have set my oven on self-clean today and finished that, but cleaning an oven produces such a horrible smell, I thought I'd wait to do it later when it's not snowing and I can open some windows (despite the allergies).  Maybe Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment