18 April 2015

Spring Cleaning ~ Days 3 & 4

For Friday and Saturday I did not tackle a specific project.  Which I really should have, you know, jumped in and kept going, but I didn't do nothing.  So I'm not feeling bad about it.

Friday I puttered around my room getting it cleaned up, making the bed etc.  I did manage to throw away a garbage bag and a half of stuff so I was happy about that.  I've been reading about the life-changing magic of tidying up and I like a lot of her ideas, but I'm not quite ready to go all KonMari method yet.  That said, last week, before I started reading the book, I had the crazy idea of completely emptying the contents of a bedroom into the living room,  giving it a thorough cleaning, and then diliberately putting things away.  We'll see.

ANYWAY, Friday was good and my room was cleaned and I walked for almost an hour which has nothing to do with Spring Cleaning.  Or does it?

Saturday is always an adventure with various errands etc.  But Ben installed three light fixtures that have been waiting to go in!!! and we put together the last shelf for the laundry/storage room.  I was able to clear a few things out of the storage room and start a pile of stuff for the upcoming neighborhood yard sale (for charity).

While the kids were watching a movie I cleaned the rest of the house, did the dishes once they were in bed, and was pleased with the day's results.

I also helped my kids organize their legos by color, if that counts for anything.

So, next week?  The rest of the kitchen, the living room, the landing, the stairs and the hallways.  The closets are on my list, but since that involves a lot of getting rid of stuff, I might hold out on that until I start the Great Discard of 2015.

Kids' bedroom are also on the docket, the question there is: do I try to involve them? or do I just go at it on my own? Hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about that book! Do you have a copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a copy and you can borrow it as soon as Ben is done with it! (I'm having him read it so we can approach our belongings to discard as one, I hope! Ha ha.)

      Delete